Our practice provides business and corporate law services to federal, state local, and tribal entities – businesses, enterprises, directors, officers, managers, authorities, utilities, and schools. We work with boards of directors and management to develop, amend, or implement:
- governing documents including bylaws, operating agreements, plans of operation
- codes and amendments to support business activity
- employee handbooks and other internal policies and procedures
- leases, contracts, general agreements, purchase and sales agreements, and other business documents
- intergovernmental agreements.
Further, we assist them:
- to observe corporate formalities and applicable fiduciary duties
- in litigation prevention strategies,
- when sued or when their strategy is to sue, to litigate on their behalf.
We have Federal, Tribal and State admissions in the following: U.S. Supreme Court; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth and Tenth Circuits; U.S. District Courts of Alaska, Colorado, New Mexico and Oklahoma (Northern, Western, and Eastern); U.S. Court of Federal Claims; and Navajo Nation Court.
REPRESENTATIVE CASES*: Final Disposition in the Matter of U.S. Department of Interior, Office of Inspector General Report of Investigation U.S. Bureau of Reclamation ARRA Funds (St. Marks), No. OI-CO-13-0243-I (Apr. 24, 2015); First Bank & Trust Co. v. Cheyenne & Arapaho Tribes, No. IN-110909 (Ok. Civ. App. Feb. 23, 2015); St. Marks v. Chippewa Cree Election Board, No. 2013-CV-CV-1645 (Chippewa Cree Ct. App. Nov. 19, 2014); Oklahoma v. Hobia, No. 12-5134, 2014 WL 5822654 (10th Cir. Nov. 10, 2014); Bighorse v. S. Plains Regional Director, 59 IBIA 1 (2014); Miami Business Services, LLC v. Davis, 299 P.3d 477 (Okla. 2013); Brown v. Boswell, No. 5:20-CV-00970-R (W.D. Okla. Nov. 3, 2011); Wandrie-Harjo v. Boswell, No. CIV-11-171-F, 2011 WL 7807743 (W.D. Okla. Aug. 15, 2011); Lynn v. Boswell, No. SC-2010-0014 (Cheyenne & Arapaho S. Ct. June 17, 2011); Gulfstream Worldwide Realty, Inc. v. Philips Electronics N. America Corp., No. CIV-06-1165 JB/DJS, 2007 WL 4707080 (D.N.M. Aug. 14, 2007); John v. Baker, 982 P.2d 738 (Alaska 1999).
*Disclaimer: Past successes cannot be an assurance of future successes because cases will be judged on their own merits.
Martha L. King, P.C. is a small business with the following NAICS codes:
541110 – Office of Lawyers (PRIMARY)